Your privacy is our first priority. At ROVERS TRAIL we follow certain principles,
We operate an online service that provides users with recommendations for travel and travel planning by giving a platform where users can post their blogs/vlogs, and blog/vlog link, travel stories, photos and videos.
• When you access or use our services, we collect information from and about you to provide a more personalised and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically. Other information we collect from different sources, including affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources. Information collected may include the following:
• Username and password
• Photos, reviews, forum and social posts and videos you may have provided to us
• Contact information, including gender, name, phone number, hobby, email address and location.
• Information about your travel plans and preferences.
• Online activities which you perform on our website (clicking on external link, like & comment details, questions answered.
If you are sharing information with us about other individuals, you must obtain their consent. You must obtain the consent of any other individuals if you are providing their data to us.
In addition to the fields mentioned above, we may also collect location information if you have instructed your Device to send such information via the privacy settings on that Device, or, for example, if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use your location information directly and/or share your location with third parties. We collect and share location information in order to provide you with relevant content, to analyse your use of our services, to improve our services and to provide contextual advertising or recommendations.
About Your Shared Information
We may collect and process the following data about you
Information provided by you- You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise or creating an account on our website. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website and subscribe to our services by submitting Registration Data (as mentioned in Terms & Conditions), submit anything for publication on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, avail or earn any benefit provided by website time to time on the website by the supplier/service provider and when you report a problem with the website. The information you give us may include your gender, name, location, e-mail address and phone number. You may also choose to provide other personal information in order to express yourself beyond the required information, such as a short biography, your location, your website, travel plan and related information, photos and videos. Your name, you e-mail id and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the Website.
Information we gather about you- With each of your visits to the Website, we may automatically collect the following information.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) click stream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and likes & comments), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, “SNS”) to sign in to the Website, an option of which may be provided by the website to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS user ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the website by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that website. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services. Information we collect/get from other sources- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, travel/tour operators) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the Website visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the Website in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser. This information allows us continuously to improve our Website.
Purpose of Collecting Your Information
We use information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• To provide you, or permit selected service provided to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or with our social media handle) with information about services.
• To send you service-related notices. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by unsubscribing it. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail. Once, the verification process is complete, your account will be fully functional.
• To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
• To improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To notify you about changes to our Services.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services (as defined in the Terms and Conditions), if any, when you choose to do so.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
• To enhance the security of the Website.
• To personalise content.
• To remember information to help you efficiently access your account.
• To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about.
• To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
• To enforce our Terms and Condition.
• As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
TYPES OF INFORMATION NOT ALLOWED ON THE PLATFORM
• Any content that adversely affects Our business and/or Our brand
• Nudity or other sexually suggestive content;
• Hate speech;
• Fake or impostor profiles
• Credible threats or direct attacks on an individual or group
• Content that contains self-harm or excessive violence
• Spam; and
• Content that is deemed illegal by the governing laws
The platform takes your security seriously and we take precautions to keep Your Information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information that we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the website, or information stored on our platform, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Any transmission of information by you to our platform is at your own risk.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Why do we use these cookies?
We use these technologies to do things like:
• Make the Website easier or faster to use.
• Understand, deliver, and improve advertising.
• Enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of the website.
• Remember information about your browser and your preferences.
• Monitor and understand the use of our products and services.
• Protect you, others and the website.
• Speed up your future activities and experience on our website.
We cannot identify you personally from this information.
Types of Cookies
We use the following types of cookies on Our Website:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Our website use Google AdWords for remarketing